a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, July 16, 2006

why file sharing sucks...

kids, you shouldn't use file sharing services not because it's illegal or immoral, but because people are fucking morons.

I've been watching "I love the 70s" on vh1 much of the weekend, and got a hankering for some blondie... now, I'm going to use one of my freebies from bmg to actually get the greatest hits, but I want me some atomic right now. so I got on limewire and downloaded not it, but also maria, rapture, heart of glass, the tide is high, one way or another, and call me.

unfortunately, I also found these files available:

joan jett - one way or another
blondie - ring my bell
blondie - oh mickey you're so fine
blondie - I'm gonna be your number one
blondie - funkytown
blondie - I touch myself
blondie - bette davis eyes
blondie - 99 red balloons

these type of files actually outnumbered the accurately named files... hell, at least "I'm gonna be your number one" is an actual blondie track, just with the wrong song title... but I really don't see much by way of similarities between debbie harry's voice and toni basil, joan jett, kim carnes, nena, lipps inc or especially anita ward.

people that can't accurately name these songs should not be allowed to distribute them...

1 Comments:

At 3:54 AM , Blogger Toby said...

Never used limewire, but I'm thinking soulseek might be less infuriating. Or at least not infuriating for this reason.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home