a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, June 10, 2006

a sad epiphany...

miyuki and I need to get back to canada, stat.

we're one pace to be out of debt in two and a half years, at the current pace. we should also have about $7000 US saved up by then, which will come in handy. the cost of getting me up there is going to run about two thousand of that, and there's also moving expenses to account for. and of course, all of this is accounting for status quo... any raises we get or any other surprise monies will speed up the process a bit.

I'm not happy with my job. it pays the bills, but it's soul sucking, much the same way my last one was. I don't know if I'll ever find a job that I love, but I'm finding lack of happiness with other parts of my life aren't helping. if we move back to the vancouver area, we'll see friends a lot more, which will make the eight hours of boring crap five days a week a lot easier to bear.

unless something changes drastically, I'm going to plan on being back in canada for summer of 2009. hopefully the four years miyuki will have been down here will offset the pain in the ass we went through to get her permanent residency...

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM , Blogger Corinne said...

I hope you plan on living in the 'burbs because six months prior to the olympics is not the best time to move to Vancouver. I speak for a lot of the Clubhousers when I say "if you need any help", you know we're here to support you two in any way possible.

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger christian said...

I'd be just fine living out east near a skytrain station somewhere. burnaby or coquitlam. I dunno that I'd even want to live right in the heart of vancouver proper.

right now it's a bit silly to plan something three years away, since we don't know what will happen between now and then. basically, I'm just looking at summer 2009 as when the move would be feasible given the status quo.

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Toby said...

And you know I'll still be here to leave very occasional and generally unsupportive blog comments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home