a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

what ho! what news?

for once I actually have shit to talk about other than whining...

first, I got my SIFF badge! it only took me three tries, but I finally got over there to pick it up when they were open... it's so spiffy and it has a horrible, grainy picture of me, but at least it's better than my license picture. I also got a spiffy t-shirt that is surprising unugly for a free volunteer t-shirt, and it entitles me to free burritos while I'm volunteering! I don't know details about this, but hey, free burritos rock.

I also found out I get a free voucher for every two hours worked, not every SHIFT worked as I thought. this means I'm going to have about a dozen free vouchers. rock, yo.

oh, and miyuki got free mariners tickets for last night. great seats, too. for some reason, despite the fact that she works with a hundred people, most of whom are crazy greedy when it comes to free foodstuffs offered, no one takes free mariners tickets. so we got to go. they even won, too! fourth win in a row, which sort of made up for us deciding not to go to the game sunday... richie hit a grand slam too boot, which was nice, since he's stunk up the place all year...

okay, so I thought I had more to talk about than that. free mariners game and free SIFF stuff. woot.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god! free burritos?!?!?!? you are so damn lucky!
-CHA!

 
At 12:08 PM , Blogger christian said...

unfortunately, I worked eight plus hours and never got a voucher for a free damn burrito.

I'll need to ask about that next time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home