a simple man in a complex world

Friday, May 19, 2006

a moral dilemma.

I need to decide where my priorities lie. do I reduce my tendencies to drive to work by buying a bike (and thus provide myself with a cheap method of getting to work quickly, especially when I'm running late), or do I buy an air condition since I haven't been able to sleep in our broiler of a bedroom?

I have a $10 "project starter" for a local box store, which would basically cover tax on the AC unit. it expires next friday. and while the past week was bloody hot (at least for my liking), it's supposed to rain the next little while, which means it's less likely to be unbearable for awhile.

I could instead take the hundred or so I'd spend on the AC unit and buy a bike from craiglist. I'd lose out on the free ten bucks if I go this route. and it's not like I have to choose one or the other, period. I'll just have to wait a couple weeks to get the other one, as the current paycheque surplus won't cover both.

I'm leaning towards getting the bike first, since I've gone my whole life without an AC unit, another couple weeks shouldn't kill me. famous last words.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM , Blogger Toby said...

So which way did you go?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home