a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

yay for activism!

volunteering for the film fest counts as activism, right?

I'm signed up to work several shifts for SIFF. my goal is to get five shifts in so I can get a free SIFF membership and get access to all sorts of cool shit next year. it may mean I don't get to see many movies, since I'll beushering most of my free time, but of well. should be a fun way to meet some new people, since we don't know many people in seattle. and I get a free volunteer tshirt AND a SIFF namebadge WITH MY PICTURE ON IT! you can't PAY for this shit. you gotta earn it.

in other news, I successfully made chili in a pressure cooker without killing or maiming anyone. I'm awesome. it turned out quite tasty. the meat was REALLY tender. next time I need to cut back on the peppers tho... had to cut it with a lot of sour cream to keep my stomach from spontaneously combusting.

actually, I guess it would be spontaneous if I added a whole bunch of spicy chiles, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home