a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, May 07, 2006

subsidised dates rule.

miyuki got a bunch of cool shit from work... she got free mariners tickets, and she got a $100 gift card for secret.. err, administrative professionals day to a fancy steakhouse called daniel's broiler. we decided today would make for a good date day.

we went to the game earlier... mariners lost 2-0, not much offense or exciting play. but the seats were pretty good (third base line), and in all we spent about $20 for the entire day. miyuki got a program with kenji johjima on front, and she used the scorecard to keep track of everything that went on. I didn't have to help her much, it's cool that she's getting into baseball. means I can go to more games without a lot of persuasion. we got some kettle corn, I got some pistachios, all of this outside so it was cheap(er). she filled up on the kettle corn, but I got a $5 hot dog and $4 bottle of mt dew... sad how there's a 400% markup on a bottle of soda inside the stadium.

we're going out for our fancy dinner tonight. I think I've convinced miyuki to go for a steak. she was leaning towards a chicken dish, but in my limited experience at these high end steak houses, the steaks are worth it. I don't normally care for steak either, but they're damn good. we'll probably be out about $40 after the gift card is used up, but that makes for a REALLY cheap day considering everything we will have done. it normally would have been well over $200, and we'll get by on about $60.

unfortunately, I had to work most of yesterday, so it doesn't really seem like sunday. have to go back to work tomorrow, which sucks some balls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home