a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, April 20, 2006

new toy.

I picked up a new ipod tonight. I justified it by deciding to return the compy I was going to buy from a coworker, 'cos it sucks some serious ass.

I settled for the 1gb ipod nano, justifying it as 500 songs is just ridiculous (I can't even fathom why people need 30000 damn songs in the biggest ipod). in hindsight, maybe the extra $50 would have been worth it for the 2gb model. I was going through itunes, and just my first time through my mp3 library netted almost 3gb worth of songs. since it's alreadt past my bedtime, I decided to take the easy route, and just pick entire albums that I'll listen to all the way through. it's sort of a half assed desert island playlist...

arcade fire - funeral
ben folds five - whatever & ever amen
catatonia - equally cursed & blessed
coldplay - a rush of blood to the head
death cab for cutie - transatlanticism
franz ferdinand - franz ferdinand
killers - hot fuss
postal service - give up
radiohead - the bends
stereophonics - word gets around
streets - a grand don't come for free
tegan & sara - if it was you
travis - the man who
weakerthans - left & leaving
weakerthans - reconstruction site

that's still plenty of music considering I'll likely only be listening to it for a little while at a time... not a lot of variety, and there were some cuts I'm not pleased with (james, k's choice, peter schilling, decemberists, soul coughing)... miyuki thinks I should boot a weakerthans in favour of something else, but dammit, I already dropped 'fallow' and I like those albums entirely too much.

there aren't any really new albums on there, but there aren't any new albums that have rocketed up my faves list either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home