a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, March 16, 2006

fuck communal laundry.

I'm really looking forward to having my own place with my own washer and dryer. I can't go a month without having some sort of laundry issue.

we have three washers and dryers. for 38 apartments. it can be annoying at times. I've learned to do ours in the afternoon right after I get home from work, or early mornings on weekends.

I was trying to do two loads tonight, but someone beat me to it. there was only one washer free. so I did my first load, and then swapped in another once the first was in the dryer. it takes longer, but oh well.

I went down to switch them again and pick up the first load. it was still wet. I closed the door and hit start. it started up again without any money.

some asshole opened the door to the dryer halfway through the cycle. and then didn't bother to press start to restart it. the fact that the dryer makes noise, gives off heat, vibrates audibly AND HAS A BIG FUCKING LIGHT ON IT tells me this person did so intentionally. you can accidentally open a washer without realising there are clothes in it. you can do the same with a dryer that isn't being used. but halfway through the cycle?

there is no fucking excuse for that. I'm half tempted to sit in the damn laundry room for an hour, wait for the fucker who was using the other two units to come down, and cockpunch him. I want his fucking testicles to explode. I know it's a guy too, 'cos I saw him loading up his laundry. I was even concerned he was going to be an ass and try to steal my dryer (since he had filled both of his and had two washers going at the same time), so I sat there and waited for mine to come up.

and there's nothing I can do about this. complain to the manager? that'd be a fucking joke. she couldn't do anything even if she wanted to. she's proven to be wholly ineffective at enforcing any of the rules here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home