a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

shitty day.

today is one of those days I just shouldn't have bothered.

got fed up at work today. even sent my boss an email before I left about it. asked him to validate whatever authority I have over the shop guys, since they don't seem to listen to me if they don't want to. part of the problem is I try to avoid being a hardass, and ask them rather than tell them to do things. it has a lot to do with confidence, I'm sure. I'm not comfortable bossing people around when they do stuff I can't do. I'm a "lead by example" type... so we'll see how tomorrow goes. we missed a deadline today because one of the shop guys decided to use his own judgment over my own. we needed to ship something at 2pm, so I asked him to get it signed off at 8am. plenty of time to deal with any problems... he waited til 1pm. lo and behold, there was rework required. it STILL isn't done, I had to reschedule the pick up. had he finished it when I asked, the problem would have been caught by 10am on the final inspection, plenty of time to react and get it out on time...

got home, tried to do some laundry... two of the washers were going, so I could only do one load. went back down to move the one over to the dryer, and put two more in. problem is, the two washers were still full. mind you, they had to have been finished at least twenty minutes by this point, as they were running when I got home 45 minutes previous, and it's a 25 minute cycle. so I started unloading one of the washers and piling it on top of the dryer. while I'm doing it, a lady comes in and gets all offended that I'm touching her clothes! fucking bitch. there are signs on every washer and dryer pointing out there are only three of each for 38 apartments, and if you leave laundry unattended, it will get moved. she had no right to get pissy with me over that. and you KNOW I'm going down there right at an hour to pull her shit out of the dryer if she's not there. let her complain to the fucking manager. it was her policy to begin with...

and then, as I'm typing this, I noticed a breeze on my crotch. there's a giant hole in my pants, must have just happened this afternoon. I have that problem with jeans. my thighs are too big (I had to stop wearing 501's and switch to "loose fit" to accomodate this problem), and it's still happening. the jeans are less than a year old. and now I have one pair to wear. fuck.

I need to look into carharts. levi's just don't hold up....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home