a simple man in a complex world

Friday, February 17, 2006

hoo lardy, that's a lot of money.

oh yeah, miyuki got her green card. forgot to mention that. heading up to canadaland march 4. yay.

also got our tax return today. finally. so we spent lots of it. $800 on a new mattress and box spring. fancy one, too. one of them beautyrest fuckers, so I can toss and turn without waking miyuki. pillowtop, nice and soft, but on top of a firm mattress. we went to sleep country's outlet across the street from the store. couldn't get anyone to help us in the store, but there was a really helpful guy at the outlet store. I'm happy.

we also got a whole new set of shit to go with it... 400 thread count sheets, new pillow (for me, miyuki had a nice one), nice duvet, the works. that was around $300.

so we've spent a good chunk of our tax return. we have about $500 left, and that's pegged for the imac I want to buy next month. I've been wanting a new computer for three years now. driving me nuts that I almost have one!

we've been discussing all the other stuff we want to buy as we free up money to spend. foremost seems to be new clothes. makes sense, since neither of us have updated our wardrobes much in a couple years. hell, other than replacing jeans that wore out, I haven't bought much in the way of new clothes in over four years...

new mattress is delivered sunday. only two more nights sleeping on the crap one. yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home