a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, February 16, 2006

big day.

miyuki has her immigation interview today (damn immigants). not entirely sure what to expect, but I do imagine it'll be similar to the movie green card. put us in separate rooms, ask a bunch of questions, compare the answers. what's going to get me in trouble is the gifts. they're going to ask what we've given each other for xmas and birthdays and shit, and I can't remember. I had to ask miyuki what I gave her for her birthday, and that was two months ago!

we both got the day off from work, which was probably unnecessary. I could have gone in for half a day and had plenty of time to get down there. stupid interview is in tukwila again, which in an annoying ass drive from here. I still don't understand why homey security can't have their offices downtown with the rest of the federal buildings...

we're not sure how this is going to go, but some of the things I've read have said she could actually get her conditional green card stamped in her passport, which would mean we could head back up to canada soon. I don't know if they actually do that. when they did her fiancee visa, they printed it from a weird printer, and even cut a border into it. pretty cool, I imagine it's all for anti-forgery shit.

we're also supposed to have our tax return deposited tomorrow, so we can go look for a new bed! yay! I hope thye can deliver it on the weekend. her family is coming down this weekend too, so we'll have a fair amount of entertaining to do. or at least she will. I may escape out to work for a bit.

work is going well too. my office is cleaner than it's ever been. I'm completely caught up and actually looking for stuff to do. I've spent a fair amount of time in the shop trying to be helpful. hey, at least I'm trying. everyone seems pleased with the job I'm doing, so I'm hoping when I get my six month review in april, they'll tack on a little extra to the 5% pay increase I was promised when I was hired.

I just hope everything keeps going smoothly. I don't want any bad shit to be happening just because I'm content and bordering on happy with my circumstances...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home