a simple man in a complex world

Friday, February 10, 2006

ouch.

first paycheque today since I started my 401k at the new job. my cheque was TINY. miyuki gets her first real cheque next wednesday, and it'll likely be almost twice as much, since she has no deductions other than tax coming out of here. no savings, no retirement, no insurance premiums.

good news is, six more weeks and I can drop her off my insurance and she'll have her own. that's an extra $221 every two weeks in my pocket. woohoo! and by the time her retirement and savings stuff all kick in, my cheques will be larger than hers, therefore redeeming my masculinity.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM , Blogger christian said...

yeah, health insurance down here sucks balls. it's really helpful for both of us to have full time jobs with full benefits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home