a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, January 26, 2006

it's good to be DINK.

miyuki got a job today. pays high end of what we're looking for, and it should be minimal public contact for her, which is good. some engineering firm downtown doing administrative work. it's going to be sweet having a second income tho. she gets benefits after 60 days, so I can cancel her off mine and save another $450 a month too. we'll be able to save for a house and pay off all my debt REALLY quickly. that will be so awesome. we'll definitely be able to afford our own place (be in house or condo) within my timeline of wanting to own a home by age 30...

best part is, we'll have more than enough leftover for me to get a vespa this summer! woot!

I'm sure more details will follow...

2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM , Blogger Meeko said...

huzzah!!
congrats!

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger christian said...

the trick is to not dip into it every time you're short. I'm hoping that won't happen to us now, and the savings can grow unperturbed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home