a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

boxing day massacre.

so I mentioned my sister's entire family was having a happy sickmas with a stomach bug? they decided to share a little holiday cheer.

we got home last night about 6:30. we have spent part of the afternoon with my sister, her husband, and their one year old. and the baby is adorable, it's impossible not to tickle him and whatnot. we should have avoided him like the plague he was, but it was too irresistable.

by 9pm miyuki was down for the count. two hours later, I joined her on the mat. I've emptied my stomach contents at least twice in a horrifically violent manner. the first wave hit me so abruptly that I made a mess of the entire bathroom. a lunch of mongolian grill and dinner of leftover chicken curry is NOT fun to be cleaning off the floor and walls surrounding the toilet. I've also ass squirted more times than I can count.

so early this morning, I call my bro in law to ask for pointers... there are none. try to keep the fluids down, which means tiny sips. even a cofee mug of water would be two much and would come right back up.

call them back later this morning, they tell us the good news that it seems tobe the first 12 hours that's brutal, then it's a couple days of just normal flulike symptoms. you know, aching and feeling like death. but no puking or liquishits. he also tells me the suspected origin of this bug...

one of the local high schools had to close early before the xmas break, because over 600 kids all came down with the same bug simultaneously. they closed the school to disinfect it, but not beforemany of these kids went home and infected their younger siblings, who in turn passed it along to my 8 year old nephew at his grade school. it spreads through his family, then to mine.

they figure it was norwalk virus, not a "stomach flu"... this is the mystery illness that kept hitting all those cruise ships awhile back.

so basically, I got screwed. I got the cruise ship bug without the cruise. and we suffered last night through probably the worst night we can recall. it was brutal.

and just think, I have to go to work tomorrow.. even if it's just to go in at 6 to open the building and come back home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home