a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, December 01, 2005

it was bound to happen.

I survived my first month at the new job without getting seriously yelled at. by a day.

this morning I got my ass reamed by a customer. guy was a TOTAL dick. and while I can understand why he was upset, it sure as hell wasn't MY fault. there was a whole slew of things that went wrong with his order, and they were almost entirely beyond my control. considering I'm not even supposed to have customer contact, I wasn't amused.

otherwise, I think I'm doing okay. I'm getting a lot of praise from people, which is kind of annoying. it seems a bit like overkill, since most of the stuff they're praising for is very basic stuff. they're just so happy I'm doing things by the book, as opposed to all the shortcuts my predecessor took. there's still a lot I don't know how to do, but I'm getting more comfortable making judgment calls. and hell, half the time I'm not even pulling them out of my ass!

in other news, my friend jenn decided to take the anchorage position that I turned down. I'm a bit surprised by that. it'll suck, since she's the only friend we've got in seattle we see regularly, but it also may lead to an opening for her old position. and as much as I don't want to put miyuki at my old company, she's not thrilled at the idea of doing job interviews. if she could get jenn's old job, she wouldn't need to do much interviewing. pros and cons either way.

oh, and I'm about damn ready to give up on hockey. it's just pissing me off. canucks can't pull their heads out of their asses, particularly against colorado (who they've only played eighteen times already)... yeah, we know, you hate bertuzzi. jesus. but as bad as they are, montreal is even worse. fucking worthless habs. and since my fantasy team is two thirds canucks or habs, I'm getting slaughtered at it. funny thing about losing too, I rapidly lose interest when I lose at things.

blah. I may as well just go to bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home