a simple man in a complex world

Friday, November 25, 2005

two words: santa fucking con!

so miyuki and I went out for dinner with my friend piper tonight. I've known piper since I was ten. piper is the single worst influence on me. ever. jaegerbombs? piper's influence. bubbletea blowguns? piper. staring strippers in the eyes to make them so uncomfortable they lose track of their routine? piper. opening a portal to hell by lighting the contents of fifty road flares on fire at once? piper.

this guy is the epitome of the evil genius. and tonight he edumacated me on the glory and grandeur that is SantaCon. turns out this year it's happening in Ballard, starting just a few blocks from my apartment.

the premise? hundreds of drunkards in santa costumes overtaking the city on a twelve plus hour bender of a pub crawl. giving out gifts to all the boys and girls (candy for the kiddies, booze and sex toys for the adults). getting thrown out of as many establishments as possible. generally just raising hell in a yuletide orgy. hell, last year they even hijacked a "Ride the Ducks" amphibious vehicle and took it for a spin.

I want to be there. I need to get a santa suit (I've been told the cheaper the better, most opt for the $12 model from party city), a bag full of goodies, and some way of concealing a large quantity of alcohol (to keep the cheeks rosy for a good twelve hours). I need to make sure my pants stay on so I don't get arrested.

so my question is, who wants to make the trip to seattle for this? it's saturday, dec 10. there's also one in portland the 17th, and I believe one is planned for vancouver bc on dec 3 (with a smaller warm-up in bellingham the night previous). if anyone wants to come down for the debauchery, you're welcome to crash at our place. there's also a hotel being arranged for a massive afterparty as well, but I don't have the details yet. let me know if you're interested. this sounds like an AWESOME time, and it's a long overdue bit of debauchery for me...

3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM , Blogger christian said...

I just realised santa con is the same night as decemberween. argh. I can't compete with that.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Corinne said...

I was thinking that we couldn't compete with SantaCon!

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Paul said...

Dammit, I must attend both. Only I'm spending yet nother Christmas in the tropics. I miss winter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home