a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

egad! I was shot!

so yeah, it seems a bit odd that I got a free flu shot on my second day at the new job. never had a flu shot before, and it was free. we'll see how it goes. I half suspect I'll end up CATCHING the flu from it... got the shot in my left arm in case I got sore, and the nurse stabbed me right in the middle of my tattoo. I'd like to think my tattoo just happened to be right where she needed to give the shot, but it's DEAD centre. there's a little hole in my arm. she put a band aid on it, but it never bled. that's also a bit disturbing.

second day at work was considerably more difficult than the first. and it's gonna get a LOT worse. I just hope my predecessor sticks around awhile... if she has her baby anytime too soon, it's gonna be a rough start for me. I do think it'll take me two or three months to really start to feel comfortable. and it'll probably be six months before I've got the hang of everything. that just seems so odd for me, since I've been doing more or less the same thing my entire life. even the new stuff had enough familiar elements that it made for an easy transition. this is all new people, all new product, and an all new system.

but I did hear back from an old coworker... yeah, the "masterplan" is a joke. they won't be replacing me. which is dumb, because purchasing is somewhat VITAL. was even told there was interest in my old position, and the boss turned them all away. whatever. I'm out of there, the ship can go down without me on it...

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM , Blogger christian said...

that's what I've always thought as well. but hey, it was free. and if everyone gets sick from them, I didn't want to be the only one there at work...

I generally don't get the flu anyway, I just get several colds each year.

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Corinne said...

Free shots here, too. I haven't had a flu shot in years. Also haven't been disasterously ill in as many years, so this'll be the test, won't it?

 
At 4:09 PM , Blogger christian said...

I've noticed two possible side effects... well, the knot in my arm is obvious, but it's also hardly worth mentioning.

what does concern me is the headache I've had for the past two days, despite all of my attempts to kill it (excedrin, caffeine, hydration, alcohol, sleep). maybe it's a tumour.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home