a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, October 30, 2005

fuck the man.

some friends of mine back int he bbs days used to have a "damn the man" month, wherein all of life's problems were blamed on "the man," who was damned by everyone for an entire month. much beer was also involved.

well, I'm thinking it's time to bring back that tradition. the man can eat my asshole.

miyuki and I got back from our weekend visiting my family, to a stack of mail and cat puke. I took the mail, being the swell guy I am. one of the pieces was our chevron bill. I open it up, get the chequebook out to pay it. I try to pay my bills as closely to payday as possible, and since I just got paid, so will the bill.

there's a problem. it's due in four days. and it's for $411.73. now, gas prices have gone up, but not THAT much. there's also a $15 late fee and no payments posted since august. you know, the last time I paid my bill. the last time I GOT my bill. the one where I filled in my new address on the little "change of address" box. the bill that was sent out on october 12 to my old address. the one that the post office finally got around to forwarding to me on october 29.

of course no one answers the phone there tonight. but tomorrow when I get off work, I'm going to yell at some poor phone monkey so much they're in tears. they're going to refund the $15 late fee. they're going to refund the $4.99 in finance charges (I always pay my bill to current, there AREN'T any finance charges). and if they don't comply, I'm going to cancel the account. I've already made the payment online tonight, since I couldn't mail it in time anyway. simple as that.

THEY fucked up. and now they're charging me for their fuckup. hell, they're going to lose my business anyway. I'll be buying gas maybe twice a month from now on, down from the five to eight times (depending on how many road trips). and I think maybe the shell stations conveniently located throughout ballard might appreciate my business a bit more.

and please, don't give me bullshit sob stories about shell being evil. they're ALL evil. that's why I found a job that lets me leave the car at home, remember?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home