a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, October 27, 2005

oh, there ARE stupid questions...

I show up for my last day. since I don't plan to do much, and the habs play tonight (a game I probably won't get to watch due to probably drinking at bars), I wore my Koivu sweater to work.

creepy new guy: "do you like hockey?"

me: "no, I spent $300 on a hockey sweater because I can't stand the sport."

fucking idiot. it's not like he asked, "oh, hockey fan eh?" or something. he asked as if he had no prior indication that I'd be a hockey fan.

it's also become apparent he doesn't know his alphabet. everything here is located on a Battleship-esque grid, with letters going vertically and numbers horizontally. oncehe gets up to around F he has trouble finding the rest of the shelves.

so either be lied or bluffed his way through his interview really well, or the person who hired him has no clue as to how to discern whether someone is capable of a relatively simple job or not... at this point, I'm leaning towards the latter.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Blogger christian said...

it got worse... later that afternoon, he asked, "do you like the montreal canadiens?"

after I pointed out he had an astute eye for the plainly obvious, he got really offended. muttered something about people wearing sports jerseys even if they don't like the team.

what kind of moron spends $300 on a sports jersey for a team they don't like?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home