a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, October 15, 2005

everything's coming up milhouse!

err, christian!

went over to fred meyer so miyuki could pick up a prescription. I was stuck with nothing to do for ten minutes, and really, you can only test your blood pressure so many times before it gets boring (turns out I'm bordering on prehypertension, oh noes!), so I bought a scratch lottery ticket from the vending machine. slingo devil or something like that, cost me $3. I ended up completing four lines (oddly, I didn't get a single one down the centre line), with a devil face. four lines is $15, the devil face doubled my prize.

so I rolled over five bucks into lotto games... two for lotto, two for mega millions (up to 90 million, wooo!) and one for stupid quinto, the ugly stepsister of washington lottery games. I pocketed the other twenty-five bucks.

it's odd how I never win much when gambling. I think I won $14 playing the ponies in vancouver (my theory that the horse with the dirtiest double entendre name always wins appeared to be mostly true), and I'll occassionally win a bit on scratch tickets. but I've never won a hand of poker and never even managed to break even at slots. the few imes I've played roullette were a disaster too. there was one time I walked away from a blackjack table up twenty bucks, but that was an anomaly.

I'm impressed with my thirty dollar win. it seems to be continuing with my theory that life is improving. it'll be interesting to see if the horrible stormcloud that always seemed to follow me was related to my soon-to-be former employer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home