a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

least. productive. day. EVER.

our computer network went down at 7:30am. something about the hard drive in the mainframe a'sploding. we have no access to anything in the system whatsoever. no order entry. no receiving. no bidding. no stock checks.

pretty much my ENTIRE job requires use of the computer. so I've done two things today, jack and shit. I've played a lot of solitaire, dicked around online, and told a lot of customers, "sorry, can't help you, we don't have computers." and what's really odd is how few customers have come in or called in to begin with. I don't know if they just all know we're down, or what. we've been told we won't get the system back at all today. I'm skeptical it'll even come back tomorrow. we finally got a login prompt an hour ago, but immediately got booted back out. "last login: June 23 2003." that ain't good. the backup we have is 28 months old.

in other news, my asparagus in black bean sauce came with a fortune cookie. my fortune read: 'You have had a long-term stimulation relative to business.' I hope that means a new job. still no news, but I did get a response from my thank you email that they're still evaluating applicants. I'll give them one thing, they're damn thorough when it comes to hiring....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home