a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I'm such a dork.

each year I do fantasy sports leagues. two years ago I did hockey, and ended up doing baseball with some of the same people. last year I did baseball again, and started doing football with some old friends from school. I do okay in baseball and terrible at football. but hockey is where I really excel, because it's the sport I really follow. last time I finished second out of 20 teams, and I was jonesing bad last season during the lockout.

my fantasy draft is this morning at 9:30. I've done some prep for it, made some notes... but last night I couldn't sleep. I kept running through mock drafts. I went to bed about 11, and I was really tired. I woke up around 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep for more than half an hour at a time. it sucks, but I'm just really looking forward to hockey season.

11 more days til the season starts, and I'll have all the games on my tv. woo!

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM , Blogger christian said...

I think I did okay... rick nash, pavel datsyuk, patrice bergeron, saku koivu, sidney crosby, roberto luongo, rick dipietro, joni pitkanen, alexei kovalev, andrei markov...

also went for a glut of young players packed with potential. guys like ales hemsky, marc-andre fleury, scott weiss, bryan allen and mike komisarek.

I'm strong down the middle and at goal, and have a decent defense... my wingers leave a lot to be desired tho.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Irrational said...

Allen was a waste...he'll play a lot of minutes, but I'm not expecting much. Hemsky is gonna be a star though I think. I'm in a fantasy league at the hockeybuzz.com sight. YOu have a cap and such, and you can choose whoever you want based on the cap...we'll see...gonna hafta teak it as the seaon goes along, but I'm hopful.

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger christian said...

yeah, I dropped allen in favour of oullett... can never have enough backup goalies.

I'm just doing yahoo's hockey. got myself entered in a dead public league there too. already had two trade offers expire because the other team didn't respond after TEN days...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home