a simple man in a complex world

Friday, September 09, 2005

blah.

had an hour plus intervention between boss and methuselah. it was established that the problem lies in a lack of communication. methuselah feels slighted that I don't respect him (because he's an idiot and practially incompetent), I don't feel I should have to respect someone who doesn't do their job. I have certain reasonable expectations for productivity, which are pretty much industry and company standards, agreed upon by damn near everyone who has ever done the job... he can't come close to meeting those standards, but doesn't feel he should have to. whatever.

also got a phone call from my headhunter hookup. said he'd found a position that I'd be great for. problem is, it pays $3k less a year than I'm currently making and actually has a WORSE commute (bellevue instead of redmond). he had asked if I'd consider the eastside, and I originally told him I would for the right offer. if it's a nice raise or something, sure. but I declined to even bother interviewing for this one.

did get some good news... the manager of the ballard store got canned. he was the reason I never went there (there was a purchasing opening there the same time as redmond), as pretty much everyone told me to avoid him like the plague. there's also a potential opening in credit (my top choice) as one of the girls there has made it known she is "actively seeking other employment"... was also told not to rule out payables entirely, guess they've burned through two or three new hires recently. so there's at least some hope I could get back to the west side without changing employers in the near future...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home