a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

that was quick.

so last night, in my pissiness, I logged onto monster, updated my resume and sent a few off... figured nothing would come of it, at least not anytime soon. one of them was a headhunter agency, and they called me today. I have an interview friday. not for any specific job, per se, but to be added to their files for potential positions. would be truly ironic if I ended up back at my current employer, since they've used this agency in the past... there's just something satisfying about the idea of having some leverage. 'cos really, nothing would hurt herman more than me putting in two weeks notice and disappearing. and yet they couldn't retaliate or anything if I put in the proper notice and don't burn any bridges on my way out. I even have the perfect reason lined up... "working in my father's shadow causes too much politicking, I'd rather stand on my own two feet."

does have me wondering tho... other than the part time job in college, this is the only "real" job I've ever had. I've had one employer, in five or six different capacities. my experience is in purchasing, so that's pretty straight forward... but I would like to get out of plumbing entirely. and other than the interview in canada (which did produce a job offer, just no immigration guarantees), I've never had to interview for anything. every job I've had has been awarded to me directly or indirectly through nepotism.

this has been a season of change. new bride, new apartment, maybe a new job. it's exciting, and a bit scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home