a simple man in a complex world

Monday, August 29, 2005

so uhh, anyone hiring in the seattle area?

it's unofficial but plainly obvious that my boss, hereby known as herman goering (both for his fascist tendencies as well as the fact that he has no balls and belongs in a dress), is trying to run me off. it's assumed this is because I tried to leave him high and dry with the alaska thing. he's claiming it's because I snitched on him to corporate about his 25 hour work weeks.

and yes, I was trying to get the fuck out BECAUSE of his 25 hour work weeks, among other things. the favoritism of the skank dispatch girl, the rapid mood swings, the lack of any effort put forth, the hypocritical "do as I say and not as I do" attitude, the petulant abuse of power... he's a horrible boss. I've had some really good, fair, hard working bosses, and I've had some shithead bosses. and herman is queen shithead.

it's summertime, so there are a lot of people on vacation. and by "a lot" I mean three. one showroom, one warehouse (the weakest link who does nothing anyway), and one sales counter. I asked if I could get off early a few hours on wednesday for moving purposes. I was denied. so I made arrangements for moving thursday after work, knowing I got off at 3 anyway. I made all my plans for the 1st, reserved a rental truck, etc. and since I was told I could use vacation for friday only, I'm also taking friday off. friday was kosher because it's before a long weekend or some such bullshit. and also because he knew it wouldn't help me in my move, being a full two days after I'm supposed to be out of my present place. I'm taking it anyway. fuck him.

so I tell him today I have to pick up my truck at 4, and will thus be leaving no later than 3 when my shift ends. he tells me I have to stay until 5. why? because we were supposed to have a sales meeting (that doesn't even affect me) at 6am, and two weeks ago I threw my name in with the other people who requested it move to after work. he never said that was okay, and we all assumed it would be at 6am anyway. in fact, he STILL has not said the meeting it after work. but now that he knows I needed to be off, who wants to bet me a crisp twenty dollar bill he now decides to change the meeting to afternoon?

fuck him. I'm leaving at 3. I will have put in my 8 hours and gave him ample warning that I needed to be elsewhere. he can try to write me up for it if he wants. he's being a petulant ass. he's blaming me for shit he caused to himself, and he's just lucky his boss is out of town this week. if he keeps this shut up, I'm gonna nail his ass to a fucking cross.

I don't care anymore. I'm gonna start looking for other work. or maybe if I'm really lucky, I'll have some sort of lawsuit on my hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home