a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, September 01, 2005

the day from hell continues.

so today sucked serious balls. work was horrible, trying to cover for the people that were gone. and I wasn't allowed to leave early. I tried. received a phone call telling me if I wasn't back in time for the meeting I'd be "in trouble"... was away long enough to rent the truck and got back. fought with my boss for twenty minutes, then sat through a pointless hourlong meeting. nothing covered I didn't already know or that couldn't wait. he had to do an encore next week for the three absent people ANYWAY...

finally get out, and have voicemail from the new landlady. they're painting our apartment, even tho they're not supposed to. good news? no ugly purple and green. bad news? we can't move in, 'cos they're only half done. fuckers. we end up storing our shit in a vacant unit down the hall, but can't actually move into our place until tomorrow afternoon. and I wrench my back again.

we also didn't get everything moved because I didn't get home until almost 7. so the last remnants, plus the cats, are hanging out at the old, very empty pad tonight. we'll be back tomorrow after my interview to pick it up.

my parents have been very patient helping us, and even bought us harvey's pizza for dinner (mostly because my dad hadn't been there in 13 years and was jonesing).

it's 10:30, we have to load another carload and get "home"... I won't likely have net connection until tuesday when they install our DSL. sucks balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home