a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, September 17, 2005

ah, paranoia, how I love thee...

one of the duties (heh, duties) my job entails is to physically count everything in the warehouse thrice yearly. this is roughly 7000 different SKUs that need to be counted on a scanner gun that fails to hold a charge for more than twenty minutes. it's a difficult proposition compounded by the fact that the warehouse is NEVER caught up, meaning there is shit everywhere that's been received but not put on the shelf.

because so much of my regular workday is spend babysitting and doing things not normally under my job description, I have as much as ten hours a week in overtime allotted to me by corporate to stay caught up. I don't like being here during the week, because the counting is easiest done while no product is moving (ie, no one picking or receiving it). since I don't want to get up at 4am or stay until 7pm, this means I work on weekends. I'll come in for six hours on a saturday and get stuff done, it's relaxing and I have no distractions.

today was, well, awkward. I rolled in around 11am after sleeping in and having a nice breakfast with miyuki. pulled into the parking lot to see the entire warehouse crew was here with herman goerring. seems he had scheduled a work party and neglected to tell me. nor was the expression on his face one you'd call "pleasant" when I got out of my car. this is where my paranoia kicks in. see, I'm usually the first one to find out about these work parties, half the time I even organise them myself.

the fact that he put together a work party and failed to mention it to me is significant in the realm of pissant office politics. it reinforces, in my mind at least, that he's trying to run me out and doesn't want me here. and most people who have been around this company for awhile would agree with that assessment. it may still be paranoia when they actually are out to get you, but at least I'm reassured in knowing he is out to get me.

worst part was how no one else here said a word to me either, 'cos I get along with most of them. icy glares and whatnot. they were probably wondering why the hell I wasn't helping them. and I'm sure they weren't informed that I wasn't invited to their little tea party...

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM , Blogger Corinne said...

That's dirty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home