a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

nads crossed.

just sent off a resume for a purchasing opening posted on craigslist from last friday. I'm hoping they haven't filled it in two days, so I at least have an opportunity to blow the interview. it's for some sort of packaging company, so it sounds about as exciting as plumbing. and it's located a block from my current company's corporate office, which means I could go out to lunch with the few people I'm friendly with over there too. mostly I like it because it's a mile from home, and it has nothing to do with what I'm currently doing. so let's hope I get a call this week for an interview. oh, and if I can get hired on somewhere else in the next couple months, it means I won't have to deal with the inventory from hell. if I'm still here in december, I'm going to be awfully pissy trying to deal with all the compounded fuckups of the warehouse, and accounting for all of it.

leavenworth was okay, but terribly expensive. the food was wonderful, the hotel was nice (but at $140 a night it damn well better be), and I didn't drink too terribly much. saw lots of pretty landscape on the trip, took some pics (I'm sure miyuki will have them posted soon). it's not something I plan to do every year, like my parents do. it probably cost close to $500, and I didn't have $500 worth of fun. it was a nice one time trip tho. I suspect I'd actually like the town more when it's not so busy.

work has taken another downturn, as we've lost two warehouse monkeys. it's sad that one of them is almost addition by subtraction, and the other was never there to begin with, but it does add up. two nearly worthless bodies still accomplish a bit. I offered to work an extra couple hours a day (I figure two of my hours are worth at least six of theirs), but I was told to focus on my own work. in other words, no overtime and the boss is going to be extra cranky as he tries to pick up all the slack. it also means none of HIS stuff is getting done, as he's in the warehouse all day. joy.

hockey season starts tomorrow... I'm so looking forward to that. I'm going to spend all evening tomorrow drinking beer and watching hockey. I'll be switching back and forth between the habs and penguins at 4, and then watch the canucks at 7. yay!

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Blogger christian said...

sent off another three or four resumes. hoping the shotgun theory holds true, with enough buckshot being tossed out there maybe something will hit.

my predecessor came in and spent some time in the district manager's office, giving me a glimmer of false hope. alas, he IS looking for a job but expects to make about $20k more than they'd be willing to pay him here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home