a simple man in a complex world

Monday, October 10, 2005

damn you, tom petty!

I've got "the waiting" stuck in my head all day. it's been a theme.

I think I did fairly well at my interview saturday. I wouldn't go so far as to say I nailed it, because I didn't. lack of interview experience kept me from really getting it perfect. oddly enough, the second part of the interview, that was one of the questions... "how many interviews have you done?" sadly, two. first was in canada a year ago, and it did result in a job offer, albeit one that I couldn't take.

I'm torn tho. my attitude today has been wonderfully chirpy, I suspect because of the possibility of not having to be here. most everyone has been in a pissy mood all day too. it's unusual for me to be more cheerful than everyone around me. so on the one hand, I don't want to ever find out, because I have this sense of euphoria that will be shattered if I don't get the job. but I'm also horribly impatient and just want to know, and now! it's probably too soon to expect a response anyway. I was told a decision would be made by friday, but that was contigent on my second interview happening monday or tuesday. it happened saturday. that seems to accelerate the whole timetable, does it not? it would be so nice if I could get that job. it's a brisk walk from home, I wouldn't have to wake up at 5:30am anymore, and I wouldn't have to worry about the nightmare of inventory...

it's true tho, the waiting really is the hardest part.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM , Blogger christian said...

just had someone calling up to verify employment. I had to direct them to personnel, as I'd get in a lot of trouble if I tried to get involved in that.

and while it could be just a standard credit check for anyone here, I'm going to believe that it was regarding me and my interview. I'm taking that as a good sign. woo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home