a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

nobody fucks with da jesus.

yeah, I have no idea why that quote is stuck in my head...

I got the job! yay! I start on hallowe'en. 8.5% raise right from the get go, plus another 5% on top of that after six months. great health care coverage (which will be a nice change of pace from what I've got), and a generous 401k program that matches 3% (as opposed to the 1% I currently have). it's a five minute walk to work, so that'll save me almost two hundred bucks a month in gas.

this is such awesome news. I get to turn in my two weeks notice tomorrow! granted, it'll be two weeks of pure hell for me, but it'll be worth it. I also called up my predecessor to see if he'd cover inventory, as he's currently unemployed. he said he'd probably do it. and hell, if my boss isn't a total dick to me, I'll even volunteer to head over there for the saturday wrap up for inventory. we'll see how he treats me.

it's a bit frightening going into this job, as it's completely different than anything i've ever done. but I'm sure many of the principles will be the same... it's a small operation too, which means I'll be wearing several hats. that keeps things interesting, and I'm good with that.

I feel awesome, oh so very awesome, uhh!

6 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger Kate said...

congratulations! :D

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger christian said...

why yes, yes I am.

 
At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yowza, sweet!

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger Corinne said...

Dance-dance party party!

 
At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! TOTALLY SWEET! HOORAY FOR YOU!!!! we should meet up after work for dinner sometime! my transfer point is right on market & ballard ave!
-CHA!

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Meeko said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home