a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

speaking of dicks...

a brief history of my employment... when I was 18, my dad hired me to work in his warehouse. he's a manager of a largish branch in my company, and has had 30 years of success in the industry, continually being one of the top branch managers year after year. I worked for a year or so for him, then went away to school. when I came back from school, the economy was shit, so I hired on with him again, with the understanding I'd be transferred elsewhere shortly. a year later, I was shipped to the corporate office. I spent an unpleasant year there before being exiled to redmond, where my sentence runs through tomorrow.

the main reason my corporate experience was so bad was because of one man's grudge against my dad. see, this guy is an idiot. he's a two faced, ass-sucking politician, and he's horrible at his job. yet because of his ability to play the political game, he's got a fair amount of influence. my dad has made it a hobby to point out whenever this guy fucks up. so when I got to corporate, he took it out on me. did I mention he's the manager of the purchasing department? and that I now work in purchasing at a branch level? he's not my boss or anything, but I do have to answer to him on a regular basis. he had me marked the monet I walked through the door there, and hasn't let up much in the three years since.

he calls me up today with a question, and then segues into a line of questioning about my future. I give him the party line about how I want to explore options where I can be sure I've earned my merits and not been awarded them simply for being my father's son. his response?

"yeah, we'll see about that."

what a fucking dick. he's the main reason I even WANT to pursue merit for its own sake. he's been my biggest critic the past few years, the harshest ass insisting I have no business here and only get by because of my last name. forget about the dozen or so times I've saved HIS ass on potential FUBARs.

14 more hours. then I'm done and never have to come back.

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM , Blogger Toby said...

Corporate experiences tend to be bad because they're corporate.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home