a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, November 19, 2005

sharp darts.

got my first paycheque yesterday. there was a payroll snafu, and I only got paid for two weeks. I should have been paid for 120 hours, but I'll get the other 40 on the next cheque. things will be a little bit tight until then, but we'll get by.

we went out to celebrate a bit tho, met up with a couple old friends up mine at dante's in the U district. miyuki had her first Grape Nehi. and her second. and I played darts for the first time.

first game, we played some form of cricket. while the point of the game was to have as low a score as possible, I ended up with 596 before being spoiled. I've been told that's the highest score anyone has seen. a bit of a dubious honour to be sure, but a record nonetheless.

second game, we played splat. and I won. I even managed to splat someone when they had like 318 points. object of the game is to hit 333 exactly. and I did. still not sure how.

third game, we played cricket again, and while I didn't win, I was doing quite well. if not for my inability to hit a bullseye, I could have won it as well.

so I'm impressed. I so rarely pick up games or sports and do well. especially that quickly. so I figure I either have some marginal talent at throwing darts (tho I would need to practice, my consistency blew), or it's just incredibly easy to do in the first place I will be sticking to electronic machines for now, as the scoring system stills baffles me... but hey, i may have a new hobby.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM , Blogger christian said...

I was amazed that after paying all the bills, we still had over $200 left. of course, after stocking up on groceries and a meagre spending allowance ($40 each for two weeks), that's pretty much gone.

we're hoping miyuki can start working within the next few weeks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home