a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, December 11, 2005

24 hours after the crash.

I'm feeling almost normal again.

we ended up trying a new place for breakfast today. I really wanted hattie's bennies, but they weren't open at 8am. wtf? so we went to the hi-life instead. it was pretty good. miyuki got something called "eggs with busted yolks" that was INSANELY spicy. my "italian farmhouse" was quite tasty. they had awesome toast too, some fancy 12 grain bread or something.

watched some football. slobbed about for awhile. then we went for pho (my second time in 24 hours, such a helpful broth) with jenn and caught a matinee of chronicles of narnia. in true jenn fashion, she hated it and complained the whole time. what I found most baffling was her complain that lucy, the youngest kid, spent half the movie crying. I'm pretty sure if I were five years old and ended up in narnia, I'd be doing a lot more than crying. I did find the jebes imagery a tad annoying, but I knew what I was getting myself into. the general concensus of "it was like lord of the rings, but for kids!" seemed apt.

not much else has happened today. I did get a confirmation that I am not needed (read: wanted) at inventory out in redmond. means my weekend is free to slob about some more, and I get to take a bit of satisfaction in knowing they are TOTALLY screwed. jenn also mentioned that the warehouse skank (who may or may not have been boinking the boss) is the new buyer at the branch. imagine that. they're doomed.

oh, and in some sort of miracle, I pulled off an upset in my fantasy football playoff game. I had an off week, but the other guy had a spectacular meltdown. last season I finished in dead last, now I'm guaranteed no worse than a 4th place finish. not bad, considering I know dick all about football...

I don't wanna go to work tomorrow. I've barely recovered from my albeit self inflicted santa insaity. I want another day to relax. poop. but hey, I have nine days to work the rest of the YEAR, so that's cool.

now, everyone cross your nads that miyuki gets a call back for a second interview tomorrow for the awesome job she applied for. she thinks there were eight applicants for two positions, and I gotta figure her immediate availability gives her some sort of edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home