a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, December 25, 2005

pillage and burn.

this is how much of a nerd I am. the entirity of my xmas loot is either books or dvds. in one case, it's kind of both.

on dvd:
red dwarf series 5
red dwarf series 6
scrubs season 2
ikiru (criterion, and one of my all-time fave movies)
hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (original bbc series)
3-iron (twice, in fact)

in print:
fraud - david rakoff
don't get too comfortable - david rakoff
dress your family in corduroy and denim - david sedaris
the truth with jokes - al franken
mythbusters: the explosive truth behind 30 of the most perplexing urban legends of all time
the republican war on science - chris mooney
the salmon of doubt - douglas adams


miyuki got more domestic stuff. a rolling pin, a teapot, some books, a big puzzle, and a pretty pearl pendant from hawaii. we both received the annual "nana is the bestest relative ever" card chock full o' cash. who says money can't buy love?

it does make me feel a bit old. watching all the toys my three nephews got, and trust me, they got a SHITLOAD of toys... it wasn't that long ago when I used to get toys. it almost has me wanting to go out to buy some gadget (ipod nano, maybe?) just to feel like a kid again. but my xmas cash is going towards a new computer in the spring, I hope. we'll see if I can actually hold onto it... I've been saving for a new compy for six months now, and it never seems to actually stay saved, more pressing issues always come up...

we saw a couple movies this weekend too. the ringer yesterday, family stone wotday with my sister and bro in law. ringer was a bit too sentimental for my liking, not enough crude humour (c'mon, it was the farrelly bros!). what disturbed me the most was spending the entire movie thinking one of the 'tards was a jackass guy. got home, looked it up and realised I DID in fact recognise jed rees, but not from jackass. he's anson on the chris isaak show. but there's an uncanny resemblance between him and chris pontius. it's freaky. family stone was about what I had expected. hoped for more, feared it would be worse. it hit a happy medium. had some funny parts, some sappy parts. luke wilson made the movie. and claire danes is back on the radar I think, between this and shop girl... and here I thought her role in igby goes down was an anomaly.

I'm wondering how much of the apartment our cats have destroyed. they've been on their own for three days now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home