a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, March 19, 2006

dammit.

I think I did something REALLY stupid.

my student loan was being repaid at about 7.5% interest. after four years of on time payments, it was to drop two percent. I got my statement for the payment that was supposed to have the drop, and it didn't. so I called, and they explained that it would show up on the next billing cycle. so I set the statement down and forgot about it.

I was wondering why we had so much extra money this month, but attributed it to the dual income goodness, so we went shopping. problem is, I didn't put the student loan statement with the rest of the bills, so it didn't get paid.

miyuki found it yesterday. problem is, it was due four days ago. I made a payment online immediately, but by the time it goes through monday, it will be six days delinquent.

"you will receive this reduced rate benefit for the remaining term of your eligible loan as long as you continue to make on-time payments."

fuck. now I have to wonder what they define "on-time" as. some creditors consider 30 days late to be "late"... some, it's late one minute after midnight the day it's due. I can't call them until monday to find out.

this is really gonna suck tho. 2% APR on $35k is a LOT of damn money. I guess the only upside to having to pay the damn thing off an extra few years is it does equate to a bigger tax deduction, but that's not much consolation.

in other news, we did finally get around to seeing tristram shandy. we laughed our asses off the entire time. I imagine it would have been even better had we actually read the book, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. definitely a dvd to buy when it's released.

we're going to see V for vendetta today... not sure what to expect. lots of 'splosions and a shaved natalie portman. anything beyond that will be bonus.

next weekend we'll sign up the gym. kinda couldn't do that this weekend because of the $300 loan payment I forgot about. one last week of freedom to slob about, anyway...

I also got a haircut. it sucks. I asked for it short on top and back, longer on top. she took an inch off of everywhere. it's too long around the ears and back, and shorter than I wanted on top. this is why I just go months at a time and then shave it. I have NEVER had a haircut worth a damn.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger christian said...

well, they told me they won't jack up my rates. at least that went right...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home