a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, April 06, 2006

big plans...

wifey and I were planning to take a mini vacation in august for our first anniversary. we were thinking either victoria or san francisco.

I just got an email about a couple of concerts happening the week prior in eugene, OR. death cab for cutie plays thursday, and toad the wet sprocket (!) plays friday, both at a winery/vineyard. I thought toad broke up years ago, so I'm stoked about that. they were my fave band in high school. and death cab is one of my fave bands now. there's a possibility we may attempt to see both concerts... drive to eugene (stop and say hi to my family on the way), which is about a six hour drive.

san francisco is about another eight hours south by car. another idea is to hop on a commuter flight out of eugene and get there in about 90 minutes, but spend several hundred dollars more in the process.

we should be able to find a decent hotel relatively cheaply.. maybe $150 a night to get something halfway nice? it's the airfare I'm not sure about... dropping $800 just to get an extra two days in SF (which would add another $300 to the hotel bill), whereas we could just drive and save the money... it's not like it wouldn't be quality time anyway, with all the pretty views through southern oregon and northern cali... I'm sure there are lots of things we'll want to do in SF (japanese tea garden, alcatraz, fisherman's wharf, maybe top of the mark? no baseball unfortunately, giants are on the road), but I don't know if we'll really need four or five days on what would be left of our budget... we'd get more bang for our buck by compressing our time in SF, opting for quality over quantity.

it's a moral dilemma, that's for sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home