a simple man in a complex world

Monday, March 27, 2006

I feel so.... dirty.

for the first time in over a decade, I will be buying a PC tomorrow. I've have been a tried and true apple enthusiast, through thick and thin, using solely macintosh puters at home since '95.

but a coworker of mind mentioned how he was getting a new puter, and was going to "trash" his old one... I told him I'd take it, he said he'd sell it to me for a hundred bucks. I've just ordered a copy of windoze xp online, and will likely need to pick up a keyboard for it, which puts my "new" puter at around $300. that's a thousand dollars savings over that tasty new intel imac I had my eye on, but I'll likely get that sooner or later anyway... I just couldn't pass this one up. it's hardly a throwaway type piece, my coworker just has no sense of value for things... he LITERALLY burns money for entertainment. I've watched him set fire to dollar bills. it's a 3200+ 2.2Ghz AMD processor, 1 gig of RAM, 100+ gig HD (he's not sure which he'll put in yet), ATI graphics card with 512mb memory, liquid cooled... basically, it's a lot of damn computer for $100. it's about twenty times faster than the old powerbook I've been using...

now I just gotta wait for SPORE to be released... woot.

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger Toby said...

Uh, yeah, that sounds like a decent deal.

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger christian said...

well, he embellished a BIT... he was telling me about HIS system, and then said he was getting a new one. so I assumed I got the old one.

turns out I get pieces of the old one. he's keeping the spiffy transparent and the liquid cooling system... I still get the other hardware in an ugly beige case tho. if he ever actually brings it into work.

I spent more on the copy of windoze xp than I did on all the hardware. and shuddup, I wasn't gonna have bill gates rape my ass for piracy...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home