a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, April 02, 2006

oi.

I ate a lot this weekend. it was crazy.

mariko and alex came down for the emerald city comic con... alex seemed freakishly fascinated with one of the artists there, spending hours and hours watching the guy sketch. I bought a couple of t-shirts and quickly got bored. there were a lot of damn creepy people there, but it could have been MUCH worse. highlight was the short stormtrooper. there were two of them, one six inches shorter than the other... I REALLY wanted to walk up and ask, "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" but figured it would be a bad idea...

food was definitely the highlight of the weekend. I have a new fave breakfast at the hi-life: fancy french toast. it's thick sliced bread battered in vanilla custard and served with espresso-marscapone cheese... it was so damn good, I thought I was having a religious experience. we also went out for ethernopian food, and aside from the service at queen sheba being horrible (waited over an hour for our food), it was really tasty... round that out with cold stone and some tasty sushi (including some incredible white albacore tuna), and I had a very satisfying weekend...

oh, and I even made it to the finals in my fantasy hockey pool, guaranteeing I'll finish no worse than second out of twenty teams. I'm impressed by that, since it's an uber competitve league and a lot of those guys do massive amount of homework and scouting, and I did jack shit...

now I get to look forward to another brutal week at work, including having to work all next weekend building a mezzanine...

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM , Blogger Corinne said...

I miss you, Cold Stone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home