a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

fuck lent.

I know I swore off booze for lent, but I'm not catholic anyway. and I really NEED a drink. or six.

work is beginning to crush my morale. we've got year end looming friday, and a bunch of jobs I need to get out before that so they show up on the books for 2005. I've had guys working 12 hour days all week and we're still not close. engineering problems, parts not being ordered, not starting on the projects soon enough... it's all compounded.

and then I had the shop renovation dropped in my lap. we're acquiring a small competitor and taking on their product line. which means I need to add about 50% of my shop's space without adding any shop. I have two weeks to reorganize the entire shop floor and coordinate having about 500 sq feet of mezzanine installed...

the pressure is getting to me. my boss gave me my raise early, but he also tacked a lot more onto my job description by doing so. he's given me more authority over the shop and placed higher expectations on me. all of this added together is really freaking me out.

I've had a mickey of southern comfort in the cupboard for an emergency. I'm going to drink it and go to bed about 6pm tonight, and not wake up for 12 hours...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home