a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, May 13, 2006

the sun can eat my ass.

we're spending mommy's day with my mommy and sister. wen to a couple of little league games to watch the two older nephews play baseball. brutally bad, I might add.

now, I have what you may call a FAIR complexion. basically, I'm bordering on albino. I get this from my mom. and from never going outside.

that changed today. instead of a beautiful milky white, I am now a bright lobster red, with lots of bumps.

first game was at 11am. I wore a cap, but had just short sleeves. it was warm and sunny. I got burnt. we came home between games, and I put on sunscreen before the second game at 4. some parable about a missing horse and a barn door being shut comes to mind. I figure it did at least prevent FURTHER burning, at least of my skin. of my eyes, it created a whole new level of burning. I kinda have this perspiration problem when it gets hot. I think it's 'cos I'm fat. I sweat, it beads up sunscreen and goes RIGHT into my eyes.

the fun's just starting, however... get home at the end of the day, and notice my arms and neck are covered in hives. turns out I'm allergic to the 15spf sunscreen my mom gave me. I'm just lucky I put 30spf on my face...

so paul, you were asking if karma had collected yet? yeah, fuck you for your asking and sincere compassion. asshole.

5 Comments:

At 1:20 PM , Blogger Irrational said...

I'm a bad person.

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Paul said...

Jeepers, that's a cranky post. You get sympathy for the sunburn (I know a thing or two about those) but not for the vitriol.

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger christian said...

doood, it was a joke. like I can ACTUALLY blame you for a sunburn?

especially since I've already blamed mary at work (who said I needed more sun, I'm too pale), my sister (for having kids who play little league) and my mom (for trying to poison me).

it's fun to blame people. it's probably miyuki's fault somehow too.

as for burning easier now than as a kid, I attribute that to spending all summer outdoors as a kid, and never going outside as an adult.

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger Owen said...

Just so we all know, putting sunscreen on AFTER burning is pointless. Once you're burned, your skin won't absorb enough of the chemicals in the sunscreen to do any good (according to my work safety video at the pool). Zinc on the other hand will work. Paint yourself white... for science!

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Irrational said...

Get the blue stuff and pretend you're an incarnation of Krishna.


Or a smurf.

Or a member of the blue man group.

Etc..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home