a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

what kind of day has it been?

it's been one of those days where I prayed for a nuclear holocaust to wipe every last motherfucker off the planet.

it started off with me getting yelled at by one of my shop monkeys. one of the very same bigotted assholes from yesterday. and why did I get yelled at? because I had the audacity to use one of his tools and not return it immediately. yes, of that I was guilty. but to get my ass reamed over it, BY A GODDAMN UNDERLING, is bullshit. so I called him on it. I apologised for my mistake, and pointed out he should treat me (and everyone) in a more respectful and professional tone. he essentially told me to fuck off, that I was wrong and he was right.

I got out late for lunch, and decided I'd go with my one choice, jack in the box. there were twenty people in line when I got there. literally. so I was stuck eating fucking 7-11 hot dogs for lunch. I SWORE I would never touch one of those fuckers. I had no choice.

miyuki had a doctor's appointment, so I came home a bit early to take her. it's two miles away, normally a five minute drive, tops. we leave fifteen minutes early. we get there ten minutes late. I can LITERALLY walk to the doctor's office, at a leisurely pace, no less, faster than we drove there. nearly half an hour to drive about thirty blocks.

I get home, and decide to do miyuki's canadian income taxes for her. she's been putting it off, knowing she's got money coming to her so they won't complain. I got onto a website that allows electronic filing, find she's owed $1200. that's our elliptical trainer right there. problem is, the website is retarded. it won't allow for non canadian addresses. it won't allow for non canadian spouses... so we set it up with her maiden name and her parent's house... go to pay for it, the billing options are limited in the same way. so we dig out her one old credit card, figuring we'll bug her mom to pay the $11 for us. we can't e-file. we go through all that trouble only to find out that the canadian revenue service's idea of e-filing is painfully restrictive. we need to print it out and mail it. fine.

I can't print. the piece of shit HP all-in-one printer won't spit the fucking thing out. it's prints one page, then chokes on it. I try printing four times. then I had an 'office space' michael bolton moment. I put my fist through the scanner plate. this means you won't be seeing any artwork on miyuki's page anytime soon, as she has no way of scanning it. it also means all my printing will have to be done at work, which means emailing everything to myself.

you name it, it's gone wrong today. even the joy of knowing we have $1200 coming gets tainted by bullshit. knowing my luck, I'll probably have ended up causing her to get audited and she'll end up OWING money.

fuck the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home