a simple man in a complex world

Monday, May 29, 2006

that which does not kill me likely maims me for life.

put in my first eight plus hours of SIFF volunteering. I'm pretty sure my usher team leader was that rat chick from "the head"... inly without the big nose. and after smoking a LOT of weed.

met a few nice people, but for some reason I doubt I'll see any of them again. the whole seattle thing is true, people here are polite and all, but no one wants to get to know anyone.

my lard tho, volunteering is boring. I need to bring a book or a gameboy next time. I started out blocking the balcony. why it took them half an hour to realise posting signs on the door saying "sorry, balcony is closed" is beyond me... in the meantime, they had three or us just telling people the balcony was closed. I ended up spending most of the shift on will call, which was amazingly easy. gone are the days of thousands of preprinted tickets sorted in envelopes... now we print them on demand.

I also got to see "princess raccoon" for free... I thought it looked interesting, but I was disappointed. I can only describe it as 'sleeping beauty playing super mario 3'...

I'm gonna use my four vouchers earned today to get miyuki and I tickets to "bickford shmeckler's cool ideas" (which looks incredible) and chaplin's "gold rush"... I'd really like to see "expiration date," which looks like an awesome french black comedy, but it plays at 4pm on a weekday, and I don't think we can get there in time... we'll have to wait for when it comes out this summer.

I also signed up for another shift at the neptune, 'cos I realised I don't want to go nearly three weeks between shifts. that'll get me my SIFF membership PLUS the four tix for the shows I want to see... so if I get more shifts, I don't know what to do with the vouchers... I suppose I could get miyuki a membership as well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home