a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm a bad person.

I decided not to go into work today. I just had a general, non-descript feeling of malaise when it came time to wake up. I didn't feel ill necessary, I just didn't want to deal with anything. it's not like a full on depression either, it's more an apathy combined with a bit of lethargy.

I tried to sleep in, but by the time I called in (and actually got to someone there to leave the message with), I was awake. didn't stop from lying in bed TRYING to sleep for another two hours.

since I got up, I've done very little. watched a couple episodes of undergrads on MTV2 (which will no doubt make miyuki jealous), ate corn dogs for lunch, cleaned the house a bit... talked to toby and paul on msn, two people I rarely get to talk to anymore... played with the cats a bit, and they seemed appreciative. rocked out to journey, neil diamond and daft punk. I had forgotten how repetitive "homework" was... probably need some drugs or something to enjoy it more.

I tried finding a couple extra shelves for our ikea dvd rack... annoyingly, you can't buy them online, and there's no stock at seattle, richmond or coquitlam. how the hell am I supposed to pick up the two shelves I need? that's totally retarded...

mostly, it's been a highly unproductive day. I need to do this more often. maybe just schedule a day off every month... I get three weeks of "paid time off" per year, and I don't actually go on vacation much. I could actually burn a day once a month and probably be fine. it's not like I ever use sick time for actual illness anyway...

I have a feeling exercise would probably help with this feeling. anyone have any ideas as to how to exercise without exerting any effort? see, I'm really incredibly lazy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home