a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

another shitty day in the shitty life.

skank dispatcher showed up for work today wearing yesterclothes again. she was last seen last night leaving with boss. I really want to harass her about this, but I know it'll just get me in trouble. ironic, no? also want to bug boss about giving her a damn drawer at his place, so she can actually wear clean clothes the next day...

the hvac outside salesman next door is so completely chris finch from the office. he's a sleazy wanna-be know-it-all that makes really bad jokes.

I'm getting really sick of my job. all I'm supposed to do is maintain about $1.5 million in inventory. seems simple, right? you buy product, you sell product. problem is, I have twelve variables to deal with... drivers who damage material while delivering it. sales staff ordering shit when they shouldn't be. warehouse monkeys losing or mis-receiving or mis-picking product. branch people complaining we don't have enough product. corporate people complaining we have too much. it's the ultimate thankless job. you do your job 100% accurate, you never hear a word. you fuck up, and they never shut up.

sad thing is, I'm actually considered a good PA by company standards, too. been doing this a little over a year, and I'm considered one of the top people in the position (there are about fifty of us, including many who have been doing this ten or even twenty years). I don't know if I can do this for twenty more years, much less thirty. and yet I've lost all desire to move further up the ladder...

thinking when miyuki and I move to canada in a couple years, I need to find a completely different type of job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home