a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

golf and beer: the two greatest four letter words.

so after work a few of us hit the driving range. couple of the warehouse monkeys and I planned to go golfing at a pitch and putt this summer, but we wanted to make sure we were all up to it, particularly slappy, who hasn't played before.

slappy is better than I am. this is bad.

boss went along, because he had several tokens to use at the driving range, so we got free buckets of balls. I'm all for that. I hit probably 100 balls, shanked two thirds of them, and may have had twenty legitmately good shots, none more than 150 yards. granted, it was irons only 'cos we were on the upper floor, but still. I suck.

afterwards a few of us hit the bar right up the road from my new apartment, but it ended up just being me and one other guy. he's leaving the join the air force soon, so we were talking about work in a very relaxed environment. lots of gossip too. he used to be buddy-buddy with the dispatch skank who may or may not be boinking boss. so we were swapping stories there. and I've decided mac n jacks is brilliantly awesome beer. unfortunately, it can only be acquired in bars or in half gallon bottles at the brewery (right up the road from my work in redmond). and it's STRONG shit. two pints had me stumbling to the washroom.

since I was far too buzzed to drive home (a whole half mile, too), we went for pho. there's a pho place next to the bar. this is awesome. they don't have tofu tho, and it's kinda spendy. still tasty. and they have vietnamese sammiches for $3, which I'll have to try. next time I have a beer drinking visitor I'll need a jug of mac n jacks, too. four pints would probably put me in a coma, I'll dfinitely need help.

it's so weird to go out after work, I wish I could afford to do so more often. as it is now, I gotta go to bed soon. stupid have to get up at the asscrack of dawn to take my car into the shop before work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home