a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, June 05, 2005

mini-review.

Nirvana by El Bosco is a brilliant song. it's featured in the trailer and closing credit of Millions. I've loved the song since the first time I heard it in the trailer many months ago. granted, it's used much better in the movie, with just the children's chorus and not crappy singing of verses. I wonder which version is used on the soundtrack. don't much care for the version I found in limewire. that's disappointing.

saw millions last night with jenn, and was not disappointed. the kid in it was wonderful, and I actually quite enjoyed all the religious iconography. it was historical without being preachy, and seemed sincere as if from a child's perspective. I do agree with the review I read that stated the subplot involving the robber wasn't necessary, the movie had plenty of internal conflict all on its own. and I need a donkey.

really was a good movie, and it was something that could be a date movie or a family movie night. it had a certain morality to it without being sappy. it's funny, given my recent railings against children and breeding, I can really respect this film. then again, the kid in this was not a typical kid...

not sure if I'll buy it on dvd. not something I'd necessarily watch over and over. might just rent it from netflix so miyuki and I can watch it and call it good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home