a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, January 13, 2007

all I wanted to do was watch my fucking hockey game...

I slept in today. made breakfast of eggs with onion and basil. I was going to relax and watch some fucking hockey. all day long. it's hockey day in canada. of course CBC fucks the habs and gives them the matinee game, seeing as they're only THE MOST STORIED FUCKING TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY.

I try to turn on my game at 11. I paid $130 for NHL centre ice, which was to allow me access to all the televised games. problem is, DIRECTV CAN EAT MY FUCKING ASSHOLE. at 11am, I tune to channel 767. Montreal Canadiens at Ottawa Senators. and hey, it even says it's supposed to be a free preview of centre ice right now. problem is, the game doesn't fucking come on. the screen is black.

I call up Directv to ask them what the fuck their problem is. I sit on hold for nearly half an hour. meanwhile, I have yahoo updating the damn game every thirty seconds, and see the fucking habs are getting killed.

after 27 minutes, someone finally answers and I can stop listening to their fucking muzak and commercials for a product they KNOW I ALREADY PAID FOR, only to be disconnected three seconds into the conversation.

now channel 767 says: "upcoming: Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs"... it's as if my fucking habs game never existed.

I hate Directv. it was supposed to be an improvement over Comcast. it's not. it's the same fucking product, except it doesn't work in the rain, wind or occasional snow. you know, basically six months out of the Seattle weather cycle. any time I REALLY want to watch a game, that I actually plan to be available to watch it, they fuck me.

this was supposed to be such a promising weekend, and it's already turned to shit. well, fuck it. I'm getting drunk instead. I'm going to get shitfaced and I'm not going to think or feel anything until tomorrow.

I really want a Directv sales rep here right now, so I could beat the living shit out of him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home