a simple man in a complex world

Monday, September 04, 2006

weekend of ten thousand calories.

I won't need to eat for about three days after this weekend. there was so much food, and I just couldn't help myself.

we went to a korean bbq with paul saturday, because simba's was closed... ordered a combo plate that said it would feed 2-3 people. it would have fed 5-6. we made a valiant effort, but still left quite a bit of food on the table. it's the last time we'll see paul for at least a year, and possibly ten to twenty, so I made sure to pass along the advice that if he found himself in a thai prison for some reason, he should promptly confess to killing jon-benet, and they'll send him right home.

then we went to richmond for #9 chinese and night market. #9's lemon chicken was as good as advertised. despite not being hungry from our monstrous lunch, we ate a ton of chinese... we then went to night market, promptly lost the rest of our group... miyuki bought some socks. we got some fresh mini donuts, for breakfast, but ended up eating them on the way out... there's something about fresh donuts that are irresistible.

sunday led to chineefoo, and I didn't eat as much as normal... we had nine people for a $65 cheque. I did get my pork fried rice and steam buns, so I was happy with that... sunday night we had chicken katsu at miyuki's parents...

we got home about midnight last night. went for dim sum today with what are probably as close to our dopplegangers as we'll ever find. canadian asian girl (altho vietnamese, not japanese) married to a tall white 'merkin named chris. they were nice people, but dim sum was a tad disappointing as we couldn't find much to eat without shrimp in it. the bbq pork steam buns at the restaurant (jade garden) were about the bestest I've ever had... we then went over to aunt jemima for bubble tea and other snacks...

and for dinner, miyuki is making a stew with about fifteen onions in it. I love onions, but my gawd my eyes are burning right now...

so when people ask what we did this weekend? we ate. a lot.

unfortunately, I'm getting a big ol' nasty cold right now. miyuki thought paul may have been getting over something, so I'm going to blame him. it's always paul's fault. even if I did end up with the cold from a guy at work who was out half of last week with a nasty bug. dammit, paul.

oh, and unless that five hour energy drink fuggered up my whiz quiz, I'll be going in tomorrow to hammer out the details to go back to work as a toiletmonger. joy.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 AM , Blogger Paul said...

Thanks, that was a damn good (big) lunch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home