a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, August 31, 2006

this can only happen to me...

I finally gave up and just called about the job offer. I waited two weeks, a full week longer than I was told it would be... "oh, glad you called, you need to go in for a pee test"... jebus, were ya gonna tell ME? so I left work a little early today to go pee in a cup. I was told me new boss was leaving at 2, so I knew he wouldn't be there. he won't be back until tuesday, so I won't know any of the details (pay, vacation, etc) until we talk about it then. not like I can give notice now anyway, my current boss is gone til tuesday as well.

I went in for my pee test tho, rarin' to go given the liter of water I drank right before hand.... I made my pee, gave the sample to the tech lady. she filled the little sample tube dealie, and then promptly spilled the rest of the pee all over the paperwork. she went on and on about how that had never happened to her in twenty years, and how pee isn't a biohazard so it should be fine... the top page went into the envelope with the sample, and it took the brunt of it. the bottom page, which had the least pee on it, went back to the employer. I briefly debated whether I should tell them about it, and decided not to. it had dried by the time I got back.

this is likely an omen. this job will suck too. I always end up in jobs that suck. but hopefully it will spur me to go back to canada in a few years, when all the debt is paid off. in the meantime, I'll feel like I'm getting a $300 a month raise, because I won't be eligible for 401k for a year. the money that had been going towards retirement will instead go towards debt. that's either the car or two credits paid off a year early. realistically, some of that will go towards a new puter, and maybe an elliptical trainer for the house. but it should still allow a lot of extra money going towards the debt...

how is it this shit always seems to happen to me?

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Blogger Paul said...

That may be the greatest story of the week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home