a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

end of an era.

it's pretty much wrapped up, I'll be putting in my two weeks notice tomorrow. going back to the old "family business" for what will be my fourth hiring. that may be a company record. it's a fifteen minute commute, and I'll be doing quotations, with emphasis on heating (eventually). the plus side is I'll still get to yell at the corporate purchasing department, which was always one of my favourite pastimes...

so tomorrow I get to go in and give my notice. I don't even wanna know what my boss is gonna do. I've been TRYING to get caught up for weeks now, since I've known about this for almost two months. unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be working. I'm still buried under a huge pile of paperwork. probably doesn't help that I've been given a shitload of pointless busy work, which is part of the reason I'm leaving. I'm hoping they bring back the girl I replaced (who seemingly has grown tired of being a stay at home mommy), which might free me up to leave sooner. she won't need any training (she did the job for five years), just a few hours to bring her up to speed on what's going on.

what sucks is I called in sick yesterday. I really am sick. nasty fucking cold. I was coughing so violently I even threw my back out, which just added injury to illness... damn you, paul. not only does it look bad to call in sick (at the end of a long weekend, no less) right before giving notice, but that's eight hours less vacation pay I'll be getting on my last cheque. it's basically a hundred bucks pissed away. you suck, paul.

man, tomorrow is gonna both suck and be cool, but I don't want to deal with it... does life have a fast forward button?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home